Substance (75 per cent)
– Each paragraph provides evidence of critical thinking and analysis as well as synthesis of researched information throughout; in other words, it does not merely repeat verbatim information from a primary source.
– Information sources are relevant, current, and credible.
– The material in each paragraph is not contradictory.
– Each paragraph explains the necessary aspects of the concept and provides necessary examples, support, or illustration.
Writing Style and Format (25 per cent)
– Each paragraph is unified, developed, and coherent, with transitions between ideas.
– Sentences are grammatically correct; words are chosen for accuracy and impact.
– The writing follows the conventions of spelling and mechanics (punctuation, etc.).
– The format follows the MLA documentation style accurately and consistently.