Write a 2- to 3-page research paper (excluding cover page) illustrating the ethical and legal preparations required for successful prosecution of a case. Research terrorism and ethical issues with the techniques used to investigate those crimes.
For this Assignment, focus on the following:
- What are the specific ethical considerations that need to be addressed within the field of criminal justice?
- What are the ethical considerations that need to be addressed for the successful prosecution of a case of terrorism?
- What prosecution problems could arise when the case is presented for trial if the investigator was unethical in their testimony or collection of evidence?
- If the state went ahead with the prosecution knowing that there were ethical issues with the collection of evidence, would this violate the defendant’s Constitutional rights? If so why or why not, and what rights are violated?
- What are the differences between a proactive and a reactive investigation as it applies to the crime of terrorism?