Consider how the world of business interacts with the legal realm. What skills does a non-legal person need as an employee?
What legal training do you feel a businessperson needs in order to make good decisions? Please refer to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. What (non-legal) positions there require a more than average understanding of legal issues?
- What are the average salaries of those personnel?
- Do you think you would enjoy liaising with legal personnel for a business?
- Feel free to enliven this paper with personal experience.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here
1. Steve buys a house from Jim. There is no written contract. However, Steve pays the purchase price, moves onto the property, and begins to build a new garage. Jim seeks to evict Steve from the property stating that there was never a valid contract. Is Jim likely to succeed? Why or why not?
2. Tony contracts with Paulie for Paulie to build him a house. They contract for a particular brand of pipes to be used. However, Paulie decides to use a slightly cheaper brand that is of a slightly lesser quality. Tony claims that this breach of the contract allows him to avoid the contract. Is he correct?
3. Frida agrees to sell a car to Johnny for $900. However, Johnny reneges on the written contract. Frida is able to find another buyer for the car at $700. What damages may she recover from Johnny?
4. Nymeria buys a promissory note off of Yolanda for $300. Nymeria buys the note in good faith, and she is unaware of the fact that Yolanda secured the note from Georgia through Fraud in the Inducement. Nymeria seeks to enforce the note. Can she?