The coursework is an individual academic essay that provides a conceptual debate on the activities that influence the development of the resort or spa industry.Select a topic of your choice based on the module content i.e. resort definition, resort ownership, services marketing: people, physical evidence or process, resort strategic management, resort sustainability, spa, or wellness. Research the topic and find an
argument (two clearly contrasting perspectives). Analyse, assess, compare and contrast the different perspectives then give your opinion and justify it. Please ensure that you link the contrasting perspectives you are writing about to relevant theories that support your opinion and its justification. You should not merely describe the perspectives but critically assess their influence on the development of resorts and spas.Structure
In principle, an essay does not have or has a limited number of headings. It flows in a logical manner and includes an introduction, main section, and conclusion.
• Title page: Include the programme name, module name and code, essay topic/argument, student name and UoD number, lecturer name, and submission date.
• Acknowledgements: If appropriate, provide a page acknowledging those who helped you complete the assessment.
• Content page: List the contents (Introduction, Findings and Analysis,
Conclusion, References) and the page numbers they appear on.
• Introduction: In approximately 200-300 words set the background, explain the argument, and provide an overview of the content of the essay.
• Findings and analysis: In approximately 2000 words provide enough clarity and indicate the theoretical concepts that inform your findings and analysis.
• Conclusion: In approximately 200-300 words summarize the main points and state your opinion and its justification.
• References: Provide a reference list of all sources.
• Appendices: No appendices. Formatting guidelines
• Use 12 point-size, 1.5 line spacing, and Arial font
• Spell and grammar check your text
• Reference all sources in the text using the Harvard Referencing System
• Include a reference list of all sources at the end of the report