Research major differences between public criminal investigations and private security investigations.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper identifying the major differences between public criminal investigations and investigators and their private security counterparts. Include the following in your comparison:
- The differences and similarities between sectors, including the methods of operation during criminal investigations and the chain of command.
- At least two situations where private and public investigators must interact.
- Identify sources of information, both unique and common, to each sector.
- Explain scientific methods used by both sectors to investigate crimes.
- Identify challenges or potential issues of investigations that cross jurisdictions.
- Provide an example of an actual case that highlights aspects of both security and criminal investigations based on your comparison.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.