After reading and viewing this week’s required resources, address the following in a report:
- Aulet and Peters both focused on addressing innovation, entrepreneurship, and intrapreneurship. Peters focused on SMEs, technology, leadership, and the 5% of leading edge companies, while Aulet concentrated on IDEs. Categorize some of the risks and benefits for each (SMEs and IDEs).
- Elaborate on how companies can create a culture of innovation, according to Aulet, Peters, and as presented in the Execution Plan video. Is there a common denominator in terms of creating a culture of innovation? Perhaps more than one? Explain.
- Refer to Aulet’s example of women in Africa to summarize how they have been empowered. In addition to Africa, identify three other emerging countries or continents that are becoming innovative.
- According to Aulet, what should be government’s involvement in innovation? Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not? What advice does Aulet give to innovators about obtaining funding sources?
- Upon reviewing the 2008 Trends Hot List, were there any surprises? Since the list was created in 2007, predict which trends, if any, will carry forward to 2015. What trends would you add to the list for 2015 and beyond?
- Conclude your report with your impression of the MITSloanExecEd Webinar and the Execution Plan Video. Did you enjoy “attending” the webinar and watching the video? In your opinion, did the webinar and video enhance your learning experience?
Length: 3-5 pages not including assignment cover sheet, title page, and references page. Begin your assignment with a cover sheet, followed by a title page, and then an introduction, where you will state the purpose of the paper. Use topic section headings for each of the bullets (centered and bolded). Remember to cite your sources within the text of your document. End your report with a concluding paragraph, followed by the references page. If you have in-text citations, they must appear on the references page.
Your response should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect professional business writing and current APA standards.