The status of counties is important. There are more than 3,000 US counties. The median household income (in dollars), average years of schooling, average lifespan (in years), and average number of people per household of 100 chosen counties are provided.
Data collected for a sample of 100 counties in 20XX are contained in the file named Counties, linked at the bottom of the page. Use all 100 data points.
Prepare a report (see below) using the numerical methods of descriptive statistics presented in this module to learn how each of the variables contributes to the success of a county. Be sure to include the following three (3) items in your report.
- Descriptive statistics (mean, median, range, and standard deviation) for each of the four variables along with an explanation of what the descriptive statistics tell us about the counties.
- Use the z-score to determine which counties, if any, should be considered outliers in each of the four variables. If there are any outliers in any category, please list them and state for which category they are an outlier. Describe which method you used to make your determination.
- Descriptive statistics (correlation coefficient) showing the relationship between median household income (in dollars), and each of the other three variables. Thus, that makes a total of three correlation coefficients. Evaluate the relationships between median household income (in dollars) and each of the other three variables. Use tables, charts, graphs, or visual dashboards to support your conclusions.
Write a report that adheres to the Written Assignment Requirements under the APA format. You should have in-text citations and a reference page.
Your report 3 pages (Word) must contain the following:
- A title page in APA style.
- An introduction that summarizes the problem.
- The body of the paper should answer the questions posed in the problem by communicating the results of your analysis. Include results of calculations, as well as charts and graphs, where appropriate.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
Submit your Excel file in addition to your report.