• From theme 1.
• Identify the factors that you think Elecdyne should collect information on for creation of its internationalisation strategy,
• Present these within an appropriate analytical framework for the 3 countries you think Elecdyne should consider internationalising to, ensuring that you are also able to compare with Japan.
• From theme 2:
• Use an appropriate analytical framework, undertake an appropriately weighted internal and external analysis for Elecdyne, for the external factors analysing 3 countries we should consider internationalising to comparing with Japan,
• concluding with decisions on which country to internationalise to,
• and why).
One Suggested Approach to tackling the above:-
• Introduction From Theme 1 Task 1:
• Identify, using any frameworks necessary, the key trends likely to affect Elecdyne over the next 5 years
• From Theme 1 Task 5, (and anything relevant from theme 2 tasks 7 and 9)
• identify the factors that you think Elecdyne should collect information on for creation of its internationalisation strategy.
• From Theme 2 Task 10
• Identify the appropriate analytical framework to present the analysis within.
• Identify the internal and external factors that you believe should be included in the analysis
• From Theme 2 Task 6 (and theme 2 task 10)
• Undertake the internal analysis of the company’s situation in order to identify the external weightings you would give to the external factors
• From Theme 2 Task 10
• Undertake an appropriately weighted analysis, using the data from Theme 1 tasks 2,3, and 5, and tasks 7 and 9 of theme 2 (for the external factors analysing 3 countries we should consider internationalising to comparing with Japan, concluding with a decision on which country to internationalise to
(This element will make up 70-80% of the total marks for the assignment)
• From Theme 1 Task 4
• Identify the key factors that Elecdyne should consider when deciding how to internationalise (Joint Venture, Greenfield Site, Merger / Acquisition)
• Identify an appropriate analytical framework to use when presenting these factors (and justify).
• Use the information gathered for the country you have decided to internationalise to, any relevant information you gathered from theme 2 task 8, and any information from Elecdyne’s internal position that you identified from Theme 2 task 6, and Theme 2 Task 10, to analyse which strategy (Joint venture, Greenfield site, Merger Acquisition) is most appropriate, and why
(This element will make up 20-30% of the total marks for the assignment)
Please note, you may, if you wish incorporate PART B into Part A.
IMPORTANT : If you structure the assignment as suggested above, please make sure that Part B is clearly linked to part A (i.e. if you have chosen a particular country to internationalise to then you focus on that country for part B and don’t need to present data in part B for the countries rejected as a location in part A).