APA Research Project Annotated Bibliography for topic:
“A Decade of Decision: Emerging Adulthood as a Foundation for Life”
The objective of this series of assignments is to introduce students to scholarly research and current APA style format. The student will:
- Formulate research questions and obtain scholarly resources which speak to their research questions.
- Read and analyze scholarly research.
- Write a brief analysis, evaluation, and reaction to what has been discovered.
- Present the material using current APA guidelines for publication.
- Develop a list of research questions related to your topic.
Here are some examples:
- What is emerging adulthood? Characteristics in the cognitive, biosocial, and psychosocial domains.
- What do developmental theorists say about the needs and/or tasks of emerging adulthood (Erikson, Fowler, Marcia, etc.)?
- How can personal exploration help an emerging adult in the process of vocational identity format (measures of personality, spiritual giftedness, aptitude, interest, etc.)?
- What factors create a platform for success or lack of success in emerging adulthood?
- Risky behavior in emerging adults – why do they do what they do? (Focus on high-risk behaviors related to relationships, physical health, vocation, etc.)
- Conduct your research.
Using the resources found in the Jerry Falwell Library, select 5 primary research or peer-reviewed journal articles of interest related to your chosen topic.
- Articles must be recent (published within the last 10 years).
- Articles must be scholarly (primary research published in a scholarly publication or peer-reviewed journal).
- Submit your preliminary list of articles during Module/Week 4
- Note that your initial list of articles will be reviewed by your instructor. If the articles do not meet the required criteria, replacement articles will be required.
- This assignment will include a correctly formatted title page and a correctly formatted reference page. The reference page must include at least five resources (see criteria above), formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Review approved articles and write an annotation for each of the five articles.
An annotation is a critical evaluation that provides a concise summary and analysis of an article. Each annotation must include:
- A summary of the main points found in the article.
- An examination of the strengths and/or weaknesses found.
- Your evaluation of the article (useful, not useful, etc.)
- Each annotation must contain 100–200 words.
- Prepare for submission
A paper ready for submission will include the following:
- APA formatted title page.
- A correctly formatted citation.
- One annotation for each of 5 approved articles.
Refer to the grading rubric provided. This will be helpful to use as you prepare your paper.
APA Research Project Submission Schedule:
Module/Week 2:Submit your topic by typing your choice in the Submission textbox.
Module/Week 4:Submit your title page and 5 original research or peer-reviewed journal articles/references. This paper must be in current APA format, which includes a title page and a references page (all in one document).
Module/Week 7:Submit the completed Annotated Bibliography (including title page and 5 article annotations) by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday.