Draft a response to each of the bulleted questions below. Each question must have its own response and have a minimum of 75 words.
- Explain with examples how human resources management can be instrumental in helping a company create a competitive advantage.
- Give and explain five examples of what employers can do to have high-performance systems.
- Choose oneemployer right, one employer responsibility, one employee right and one employee responsibility. For each one, explain how your choice is a necessary component in a risk management strategy. Provide a real example from the workplace that would illustrate this necessary component in a risk management strategy.
- What is one issue of interest you learned in researching South Carolina’s workers’ compensation statute about benefits, or claims, or coverage?
- Imagine that you are investigating an accident, during which someone fell at work. What questions would you ask third party witnesses, and why are those questions important?
- Having a union can be beneficial, as there is someone to act as your agent and to negotiate on your behalf. Plus, when you feel something is wrong, you can go to your union representative to discuss your concerns. What advantages are there to having a union on the premises? What value can unions offer to workers today?
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is the major federal law that affects pay. Explain the provision regarding limits on the use of child labor, and explain its importance to both the employer and the employee. How is the FLSA different from your state law regarding child labor?
- Should employers be investigating on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media sites? How do you balance the rights of the employers with the rights of the applicants?