In week four we examined biases that occur in making decisions as individuals and the effect they can have upon the process. In week five, we focused on individuals making decisions within an organization and in week six group decision making within the organization.
In this part of the assignment you are asked to evaluate not only the decision that must be made but who is best suited to make the decision for the organization. In order to do this you must isolate the decision that must be made – the nature or type of the decision. Then, evaluate the individuals (father and daughter) in terms of the material presented in weeks four and five.
- What biases could they have in making the decision?
- What decision making styles do they have?
- What skill levels do they possess in making a decision?
- How does the information from the previous three questions make them the best or worst candidate for making the decision?
- Substantiate your conclusions with the class material and be specific in your analysis.
In part two, you are asked to look at the decision that needs to be made and determine if it should be made by a group or an individual.
- Explain why a group would or would not work best based on potential bias to the issues, expertise level in making the decision, the need for change, and the stakeholder involved in the process.
- Give your reasoning behind your conclusion with substantiation from the class material.
Then, regardless of your conclusion, assume that you conclude that a group is best.
- Select how the group would best be formed.
- Who would you include in the group?
- Who would be leading the group?
- How would the group operate (type of group structure)?
- How would the company’s leaders (Father and Daughter) interface with the group and the process?
- What degree of authority does the group have in making the decision?
- Be sure to explain bias in your selection of people for the team.
- Again, all your conclusions must be substantiated with the class material and/or outside resources.
Required Formatting of Paper:
- This report should be double spaced, in narrative format, 12-point font, and 5-6 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and instructor’s name;
- Include a reference page;
- Use headings to separate the different sections;
- Write in the third person;”
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Deductions will be taken when direct quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.