WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE IN ORDER TO COMPLITE THIS ASSIGMENT: TEDxWilliamsport – Dr. Derek Cabrera – How Thinking Works
After watching Dr. Derek Cabrera’s lecture please write a short paragraph in which you answer one of the following questions:
1. Why does Dr. Cabrera differentiate between the ability to memorize large chunks of information and the ability to take knowledge and structure it to solve a novel problem?
2. How does Dr. Cabrera define thinking?
3. Identify 4 of the major types of thinking that Dr. Cabrera mentions?
4. Explain the “Legos” metaphor that Dr. Cabrera uses.
5. What is the “bandwidth solution” to education?
6. According to Dr. Cabrera, what are the four universal thinking skills?
After your short paragraph, please answer the following question to the best of your ability:
How does a course like WRTG 391 ask you to create distinctions in knowledge, to recognize how systems are structured, to define relationships, or to explore knowledge from multiple perspectives? Please respond generously to at least two of your fellow classmates.