1. Respond to these questions BEFORE viewing the videos that follow:
a. What are some possible career paths one can take with an educational background in finance?
b. What are some of the key steps someone should take in order to prepare for a career in finance?
c. What is the primary role a publicly traded company should pursue, and why?
2. Visit the textbook website and view the following videos:
After viewing the videos, post your responses to the following questions. You should conduct outside research, in addition to watching the videos. (If you are unable to view the videos, use news articles, websites, etc. to support your answers).
1. How can you obtain work experience in the finance field while you are still a student?
2. The video(s) mention several skills one needs in order to be successful in the field of finance. Which of these skills are most important to you and why?
3. How do job prospects in the field of finance look over the next 10 years?
4. One of the roles of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is that of a fiduciary. What does this mean?
*****Writer the book I’m reading is
TEXTBOOK TITLE: • Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 10th edition
PUBLISHERS NAME: • McGraw Hill
AUTHOR’S NAME: • Ross, Westerfield and Jordan
ISBN: • 9780078034633