• Explain the structure and function of the main institutions of the political system of the EU.
• Analyse, in terms of ‘power’, the relationship between the main institutions in at least two member states of the EU.
• Analyse, in terms of ‘power’, the relationship between the main institutions of the EU.
You should write your answers in continuous prose. Ideas and perspectives from your reading should be referenced, at least to the author and preferably to the year of publication too.
Your answers will be assessed against the following criteria:
• The quality of your argument given in answer to the question – this includes both the rationality of the argument and the use of evidence supporting it.
• The quality and demonstrated relevance of the material used.
• The ability to deal with opposing perspectives demonstrated.
• The quality of the written English.
• The use of relevant and up to date examples to support the argument. The more original the better.
Demonstrate your understanding by defining key concepts such as ‘power’ or ‘scrutiny’ and explaining their importance, before then using them to compare the systems in question. So having explained a concept such as ‘accountability’, explained why it is important, then show how it operated in one system, and then the other.
Answer the following questions in an essay form INDIVIDUALLY
Q1. In modern democracies it is the peoples’ representatives in their national parliaments who make the law. To what extent does an examination of the legislative processes in Spain and France support this statement? (ANSWER SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN 3 PAGES)
Q2. How can the concept of ‘power’ help us to compare the political systems of France and Spain? (ANSWER SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN 3 PAGES)
Q3. Which houses the more powerful regional governments: Spain or France? Explain your answer.(ANSWER SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN 3 PAGES)
PS, each answer/essay should not be less than 825 words
NOTE: You should rely to the pdf file that will be uploaded to base most of the answers on it.