READ OVER SYLLABUS BEFORE BIDDING AS I WILL GO OVER EACH HAND SHAKE SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ASSURE AN A BEFORE TRYING.
THIS IS EXAM 1 LOOK LIKE
- Select three (3) and answer using evidence from the textbook and lectures and e readings (required) plus any o the provided optional resources as you see fit in at least 500 words each. Cite in accordance with MLA or APA.
- Explain the Mexican origin myth.
- How did liberties differ between Mexicans living in Texas and Mexicans living in California prior to the US-Mexican War?
- How did the Mexican-American War impact the liberties of Mexicans residing in the Republic of Texas?
- Discuss the culture of rural Mexican Americans in the nineteenth century.
- What’s the significance of the Gadsen Purchase?
- Explain the significance of Joaquin Murieta.
- Explain the Cart War (1857).
- What’s the significance of the Black Hand and White Caps?
- EXAM 2 LOOK LIKE THIS
Select three and answer in at least 500 words using evidence from all required sources. Cite in accordance with MLA or APA.
- Mass culture theorists would argue that popular culture is imposed on consumers from above by culture industries. Challenge or support this statement.
- Several Chicano scholars have argued that Mexican American/Chicano pop culture serves to express opposition to the dominant Anglo culture. Support or challenge this assertion.
- Why did orquesta Tejana music appeal to a different audience than did conjunto music?
- What accounts for the popularity over several decades of groups such as Los Lobos and Santana in American pop culture?
THERE ARE MORE IN THE SYLLABUS, READ BEFORE BIDDING