Week 3 Assignment: Present on Social Issues and Responsibility
As a business professional, assume you have been invited as a guest speaker for the next managerial meeting for your organization. Senior leadership has expressed concerns about corporate social responsibility and how this may influence appropriate business practices.
After reading and viewing this week’s required resources, select three external resources of your choice (not Wikipedia). Then, develop a PowerPoint presentation for senior leadership that addresses the following:
- Describe the difference between corporate philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, and sustainability.
- Summarize the concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Is it a fad, or is it here to stay? List at least three arguments for CSR and three arguments against CSR. (Films on Demand. (2010). The new CSR: Collaborative social responsibility [Video file].
- Elaborate on Drucker’s view of social responsibility as presented in the Cohen article. Should government be involved in taking care of social issues? Why or why not? (Cohen, W. A. (2009). What Drucker taught us about social responsibility.
- Provide examples of two corporations or companies that are making a positive social impact. Identify the corporation or business, the product(s) or service(s), the recipients, and the benefits.
- Explain the concept of greenwashing. List at least one business or organization that has been involved in greenwashing. (Delmas, M. A., & Burbano, V. C. (2011). The Drivers of Greenwashing.
Length: 8-10 slides, not including the title slide and the references slide.
Listed below are some tips for your slide presentation.
- Begin your presentation with a title slide that includes your name. Use plenty of white space on the slides.
- Provide a few appropriate graphics to break up the text.
- Use six bullets per slide or less.
- Use Times New Roman, 28 or 32-point font.
- Use the speaker’s notes area to include the information you want to share with your audience. The speaker’s notes must be coordinated with the information on the slides. Be sure to provide citations for your sources. Speaker’s Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
- Be creative. You can add audio to the presentation if you choose to do so; however, it is not required.
- Include references on your final slide(s).
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect professional business writing and current APA standards.