Answer both Question 1 and 2. Make the title of the task itself.
Explain key characteristics of postmodernism and discuss how “digital culture” can be said to be an expression of a postmodern media culture. Retract tensions between the cultural field (cultural populism) and the financial field (political economy) in the discussion and use self-chosen examples to illustrate and concretise.
Choose one text analytic tradition (semiotics, rhetoric, narrative or hermeneutics) and analyzes a digital cultural expressions (such as a news site, a blog, an advertisement, a social medium or a computer game). You decide which aspect of cultural expression you want to focus on, and this must be clearly defined and justified. Use relevant cultural theoretical contributions in the analysis.
The totality must be of 8-9 normal pages.
– A normal page consists of about 2300 characters with 1.5 line spacing and 12 pt. Times New Roman or similar.
– Feel free to use relevant illustrations. This does not count towards the total number.
– The paper should have a separate cover page and a reference list, and these do not count toward the total number. Page should include the name, subject, title and task lyrics.
– Literature will be used actively. It should not be referenced
lecture documents or Wikipedia. Secondary sources may well be used, but only as a supplement and not as a substitute for the curriculum.
– Paper must be submitted as .pdf and filename should be your name.