Ethical leadership is an approach to leadership emphasising the importance of acting in a moral manner and being a positive ethical role model.
Using the four articles provided, write an essay of no more than 1500 (+/- 10%) words critically evaluating the different approaches used to understand this style of leadership and how they can be used to inform your own leadership development.
Pay particular attention to the research methods used to evaluate ethical leadership in each paper. How do they compare, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each approach and how do they inform your own leadership development.
The question requires critical evaluation of the provided papers as well as self-reflection related to how the topic of ethical leadership relates to your own approach to leadership. You are thus required to think carefully about the different ways of measuring and assessing the role of leadership as well as thinking about the practical implication in relation to your own style of leadership.
The essay will be marked on the following criteria:
Argument/Content/Referencing and Critical Analysis (85%): this is broken into 60% for section a) & 25% for section b). The student is able to synthesise the argument
Structure (10%): the essay follows a clear and logical structure
Presentation (5%): the essay meets the specified formatting requirements, it is free of spelling errors and is professionally presented.
The following page contains a marking rubric to give you a guide as to what is required for each marking band in each criteria assessed.
also I have reference should be read it.
Assignment 1 requires you to critically evaluate the following papers, paying attention to the methods used to investigate the concept of ethical leadership.
1. Trevio, L. K., Brown, M., & Hartman, L. P. (2003). A qualitative investigation of perceived executive ethical leadership: Perceptions from inside and outside the executive suite. Human relations, 56(1), 5-37.
2. Mayer, D. M., Kuenzi, M., & Greenbaum, R. L. (2010). Examining the link between ethical leadership and employee misconduct: The mediating role of ethical climate. Journal of Business Ethics, 95(1), 7-16.
3. Ng, T. W., & Feldman, D. C. (2015). Ethical leadership: Meta-analytic evidence of criterion-related and incremental validity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(3), 948.
4. Bhal, K. T., & Dadhich, A. (2011). Impact of ethical leadership and leadermember exchange on whistle blowing: The moderating impact of the moral intensity of the issue. Journal of Business Ethics, 103(3), 485-496.
1. Read all 4 articles and make preliminary notes
2. Start writing and using the articles to build your arguments. At this stage, you may wish to consult other articles too to give further evidence to support your claims.