Spring 2015 Term Paper
Weighting: 30 % for the final paper
Recommended word count: 1250-1500 words
Number of required sources: You will need to use at least 3 texts from the list your instructor
will provide you with. In addition to these you may also refer to the texts from the course book and any other texts used in class.
To what extent is multiculturalism (as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy) an ideal model for countries with high levels of immigration?
To what extent would you agree that ‘Islamophobia’ is more a form of racism than religious intolerance?
To what extent does the institution of marriage cater for the needs of people in modern societies?
Do you agree with current trends around the world to legalize same-sex marriage?
NB: See SUCourse Resources folder for texts for this assignment.
Guidelines for this paper are as follows:
• This paper must be submitted on the date and time due. Late submissions are subject to the Freshman English late hand-in policy. (Exceptional cases may be referred by the instructor to the Freshman English Committee for individual consideration.)
• The assignment must be typed with your full name, ENG 102/ your section, student number, and date in the right top hand corner of your “header” (no cover page please!).
• Use Times New Roman, Font 12, double space, and page numbers.
• Give a word count at the end of your essay.
• Make use of APA format and a reference page of sources used. See SUCourse for useful info and links; and contact your instructor if you have difficulties. Please note that
– if the essay has no in-text citation and no references list, it gets a “ 0”
– if the essay has no in-text citation but a list of references, it still gets a “0”
– if the essay has in-text citation but no references list, a 25% deduction from the
overall grade is applied.
• Finish your assignment early to ensure that it is proof-read and on-time.
• Submit a softcopy of your work in Word document format, saved under your section number and name (e.g. A9,SerhanA.doc ), to SUCourse by the date and time due.
• If you are asked for a printed copy be aware of printing difficulties.
• Please ensure that you always keep a copy of all your work.