1.Essay (Please answer only one essay question): 8 points
• Identify the main stages in the development of the international system. Please describe the evolution of the polar structure of the world system, and note some of the major events and processes that have caused transitions to take place.
• Describe the nature of system-level analysis. In your answer, compare system-level analysis with other levels of analysis, including a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of examining international political phenomena from the system level.
2. Short Answer (Please answer three of five questions): 12 points (4 points each)
• What are the major characteristics of an anarchical political system?
• List and explain two challenges to the authority of the state in the 21st century?
• Discuss the concept of economic interdependence.
• List and define three subnational actors that make foreign policy at the state level.
• Discuss three psychological factors that impact the efficacy of political leaders.