1914-1970 was a tumultuous time period for the United States. We fought in World War I, entered an economic depression, fought in World War II, watched our economy and society change post war, and became involved in conflicts in the Cold War and Vietnam. For this paper, you must write on the following theme:
Time of Evolution: You may write about society, politics, invention, war. How did these things evolve 1920-present? Choose 3 examples and explain how they represent an evolution- in war, in politics, in immigration, in foreign relations. Justify your choices! You may discuss things like women’s rights, immigration conflict/policy, warfare, foreign relations, economic and business law, health care and medicine, civil rights, etc.
Please check the syllabus for your preliminary bibliography and thesis statement due date. This bibliography needs to have at least 2 of your sources listed in the proper format. Your thesis needs to be clear and give an accurate idea of your topic for the paper. The preliminary bibliography and thesis are worth 20 points of your paper grade. If you do not do them correctly they will be returned to you and you will not get credit until you submit a correct version.
Here are your requirements:
1. At least 5 pages in length not including cover page (which isn’t required) or work cited/bibliography)
2. Double spaced, 1 inch margins and 12 point Times New Roman font
3. Work Cited page for all resources used (list EVERY outside source- this must be attached to your paper)
4. In text citations or footnotes to cite outside resources- if you take info from it, you need to cite it even if it isn’t a direct quote
5. Use of at least THREE resources other than class notes or the book: Only ONE source can be Wikipedia (no multiple wiki pages), and at least ONE must be a BOOK (or ebook) or a SCHOLARLY ARTICLE FROM THE LIBRARY DATABASES LISTED BELOW
6. Loss of 5 points for each day it’s late- including weekends!
7. Automatic loss of 15 points for lack of citations