- Discuss the primary objective of financial reporting.
- Explain the purpose and importance of financial analysis
- Calculate and use a comprehensive set of measurements to evaluate the company’s performance under the following headings
- (a) How liquid is the firm?
- (b) Are the firm’s managers generating adequate operating profits on the company’s assets?
- (c) How is the firm financing its assets?
- (d) Are the firm’s managers providing a good return on the capital provided by the stockholders?
- (e) Are the firm’s managers creating shareholder value?
- Describe the limitations of financial ratio analysis.
Use APA standards in writing your paper
Please add your file.
This assignment will be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
|10%||Discuss the primary objective of financial reporting.|
|10%||Explain the purpose and importance of financial analysis|
|Calculate and use a comprehensive set of measurements to evaluate the company’s performance under the following headings:|
|10%||How liquid is the firm?|
|10%||Are the firm’s managers generating adequate operating profits on the company’s assets?|
|10%||How is the firm financing its assets?|
|10%||Are the firm’s managers providing a good return on the capital provided by the stockholders?|
|10%||Are the firm’s managers creating shareholder value?|
|20%||Describe the limitations of financial ratio analysis.|
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Background on Course Research Requirements
In the business world, it is important to use research to strengthen points that you make in your presentations and projects. You will see references to using specific databases throughout this course. Research is a crucial skill, and learning to use the search functions in these databases is about critical thinking, which complements other research techniques that you have used prior to the class.
There are two main types of databases accessible in the library, through “Find articles and Books.” Keep in mind that the most popular databases are ABI Inform Global, Academic Search Premier, and Business Source Premier. As a graduate student, you must move away from utilizing inferior Web sites with anonymous writers, articles found on consultant Web sites, and materials on sites like QuickMBA.com or MarketingProfs.com. Also, dictionaries and encyclopedias most often repeat the information from your text. Acceptable Internet resources include, among others, government sites (especially for statistics). You are not permitted to use Wikipedia or any open-source Web site for this course.
There is no additional information to display at this time.