As explained in the textbook, UNIX / Linux initially only provided a command line interface for interaction with the operating system (OS). The introduction of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) to UNIX / Linux OS makes it easier to administer a Linux system.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the primary advantages of GUI over a textual (command-line) interface in Linux system administration.
- Describe two (2) Fedora / Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) GUI desktop managers and explain how they generally function.
- Recommend one (1) scenario or situation that demonstrates when each GUI system you described previously (two  total scenarios) would be most suitable to install.
- Some programmers have argued that GUI is not as powerful and flexible as claimed in Linux systems administration. From the perspective of a computer scientist, give your opinion on the validity of the argument.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the UNIX / Linux shell command line, and command-line utilities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in operating systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about UNIX / Linux topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions