Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief history of how front desk operations have evolved over the last 25 years, including how tasks have changed, evolved, and / or disappeared.
2. Provide a step-by-step approach for front desk agents in taking a hotel room reservation for a guest. For each step, describe the actions required, necessary information collected, and the purpose of collecting this information. Finally, document a hypothetical script for a front desk agent to follow when taking a hotel room reservation for a guest (either over the phone or in person).
3. Discuss the importance of front desk agents providing excellent guest service for all hotel guests, and how poor guest service can impact hotel operations and hotel profits.
4. Determine what roles play in the safety of their guests and the procedures the front desk should follow in order to protect the hotel guests.
5. Determine the financial impact of front desk agents NOT effectively managing the billing and guest folio process in a hotel. Provide two (2) detailed examples of mismanagement of billing and guest folio process, and its impact on hotel finances.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.