Note: Background information on the Virtual Police Department for the final project is found in Course Content.
The assignment is to read the document in the course syllabus labeled “Virtual P D Case Study.” This document describes The Virtual Police Department, medium-sized police department with an average amount of crime.
You will write a 7-10-page report (cover page and bibliography not included in page count) that addresses the issues and problems listed. The paper must:
1.Identify the four (4) most critical issues/problems facing the Virtual Police Department
2.describe how the history of the agency has contributed to any of these issues/problems
3.discuss how the department is organized and managed, and what changes should be made to address the selected issues/problems
4.discuss the demographic differences in the community and the police department, and what strategies could be implemented to make the agency more reflective of the community
5.discuss how the agency culture has contributed to any of the selected issues/problems and describe how to create change in this area
6.provide an analysis of the crime statistics and identify strategies/tactics to reduce crime and/or increase closure
7.provide a discussion on possible solutions to any of the other issues/problems selected from the case study
NOTE: References must include the text and at least three (3) external scholarly sources, (textbooks or reference publications, peer-review articles, which support the points made in the report. Scholarly sources do not include news articles, text produced solely for the Internet, Wikipedia, etc. See Library Services for assistance in this area.
Formatting requirements: Your report should include
•· a cover page with your name, project title, course, and date submitted
· an introductory section that explains the purpose of the paper
· a brief reflections on the agency and its administration
· the body of the paper, which addresses the six previously mentioned factors
· A minimum of seven (7) FULL, maximum of 10 narrative pages, not including cover page and references page.
· The composition may be a combination of outline and narrative with outline statements separated by no more than double spacing, 12 pt. font, and 1 inch margins.
· Resources, including course materials, must be cited both in the narrative where appropriate and on a separate references page, using APA citation rules.
· At the instructor’s discretion, this project may be submitted to Turnitin or other service for verification of originality.