Respond to one of the following two essay assignments:
- Discuss the core drivers of globalization as identified by Dye & Stephenson (2010), with respect to logistics. Which have the greatest effect on the logistics function? What effect do the others have? Are these effects mainly positive, negative, or a mixture of both? Explain.
- Rodrigue (2012) discusses the concept of friction with respect to supply chain management. Compare and contrast the sources of friction experienced by a firm engaged in international logistics, with the sources experienced by a firm operating strictly within the borders of one country.
- Write a well-constructed essay. Feel free to use tables and bulleted lists, if appropriate.
- The readings may not provide specific answers. In that event, will need to “fill in the gaps,” using your understanding of the material presented in the Module, and the background sources.
- Style and format must comply with the Writing Style Guide. (TUI Guide, n.d.) This is not an English course; however, errors in spelling, grammar and style will be penalized.
- Provide citations and references. Use of APA style is encouraged, but not required. Please see the TUI Writing Guide, or visit the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL, 2015).
- There is no page requirement. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less.