In M1 Assignment 3, you identified a professional in the field of psychology to interview. You selected an interviewee employed in a psychology-related job that interests you and developed a list of fifteen questions. You also prepared a meet-and-greet plan and a script to use at the beginning of the interview.
For this assignment, you will conduct an interview with your chosen psychology professional using those fifteen questions. The interview must last a minimum of thirty minutes. As specified in Module 1, you must ask the interviewee about his or her work, academic preparation, and advice during the interview. Be certain to include the interviewee’s answers to your questions on the following topics:
- The experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
- Relevant professional organizations
- His or her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
- The role of psychological research in his or her work
- His or her greatest challenges and rewards
- His or her reasons for choosing the field
Once the interview has been completed, prepare a summary in paragraph format (not question-and-answer format) detailing your meet-and-greet actions and script, the responses you have received from the questions you asked, and a discussion of any impact the interview has had on your decisions regarding possible future employment possibilities.
When discussing the impact the interview had on you, be sure to:
- Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses you recognized in yourself after conducting the interview.
- Identify at least one step you can take to address those weaknesses so that you strengthen your ability to achieve your chosen career goal.
- Write a 3- to 4-page paper in paragraph format in a Microsoft Word document and save it as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc. Cite at least two academic sources, including your interviewee. Apply APA standards to cite your sources
LASA 1 Grading Criteria and Rubric
All LASAs in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 200 points. Download the rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Demonstrated the ability to interact professionally and effectively in a professional environment.||
|Discussed the experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school. Cited at least two sources.||
|Discussed relevant professional organizations.||
|Identified the interviewee’s views on professional ethics and academic integrity.||
|Discussed the role of psychological research in the interviewee’s work.||
|Identified the interviewee’s greatest challenges and rewards and the reasons the interviewee chose the field.||
|Discussed the impact the interview had on your decision making regarding future employment.||
|Included a discussion of your strengths and weaknesses you identified after talking with the interviewee. Also included at least one step you can take to overcome those weaknesses.||