I want to answer theses 11 questions from this lecture that is uploaded in this website:
Please, do not try to answer them from another sources. You will find all of the answers when listen to the licture that is about 36 minutes
Here are the questions:
1. Why did the Jews need their own country?
2. What role did American President Harry S. Truman play?
3. How did Zionists groups respond to the growing crisis for the Jews?
4. How did the British react to Zionist activities and President Truman’s pressures?
5. What was the United Nations?
6. How did the United Nations get involved in the crisis over Palestine?
7. What happened when the Jews in Palestine declared the creation of a State of Israel on 14 May 1948?
8. What patterns emerged after the Israeli War of Independence?
9. What is the legacy of older forms of antisemitism today?
10. What new forms of antisemitism exist today?
11. How does the legacy of the Hebrew religion and antisemitism remain integral to how we understand ourselves in the US, Europe and the Middle East?