For this assignment, you will conduct some academic research on the Six Sigma Methodology. You may use your textbook as a resource, but you must also use at least two additional outside resources. It is highly recommended that you use the ECPI electronic library since the sources in the library are valid and credible resources.
Your report must cover the following points but not necessarily in this order. Please do not just respond to this bulleted list. Your report must be in essay format.
- Describe the Six Sigma methodology. Assume your reader has never heard of Six Sigma.
- Discuss the benefits of Six Sigma methodology.
- Differentiate between and describe the qualifications for green belt, black belt and master black belt certifications.
- Describe the types of activities that Six Sigma teams work on and the problem solving processes used. Give examples.
- In conclusion, explain how Six Sigma relates to the customers’ point of view and to quality improvement.
- NOTE: Your opinions, interpretations and conclusions are an important part of any research assignment. However, you must provide support for such through your research.
Your report must meet the following criteria:
- Your report should be approximately two pages in length, including any appropriate headings.
- Include a title that is centered and a header that includes your name, the course, and the date.
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- Single space your lines of text; double space between paragraphs.
- You must use at least three resources; one of which can be your textbook.
- Use APA double citation. This means you cite within your text and you provide the full source citation at the end of your paper.
- Simply providing a weblink is not adequate and will be considered intentional plagiarism.
- Failure to properly cite your sources may result in failing this assignment and failing this course.
- Please seek help in the Writing Assistance Center (WAC) here in your Moodle log in if you are not sure how to properly cite a paper.
- Please make sure you proof your file in addition to running spell check before submitting.
- 60% Content, organization, critical analysis, logical sequence.
- 40% Written communication; grammar, syntax, structure, citation.
- Note: Intentional or unintentional plagiarism may result in an F.