Create the procurement strategy. The funds have been committed to the project. Is a centralized or decentralized buying approach appropriate? How do you ensure that your buying authority is clearly recognized? What is the plan to solicit Request for Proposals? (RFP’s). Is there an approved supplier list? Identify the number of Requests for Quote (RFQ’s) you are planning to solicit. Ensure that you clearly identify the procurement responsibility matrix from the textbook.
- Describe the use of contracting and procurement within project budget.
- Manage project contracts and procurement activities from initial planning through contract closeout.
- Employ the bid and proposal process to include preparing RFP requirements, evaluating bids, and contract formation.
- Utilize specialized contracting terms, and strategies tailored to project needs.
- Plan for contract administration, close out and litigation tasks in project schedule and budgets.