“Switching and the Spanning Tree Protocol” Please respond to the following:
- Describe the key processes that take place when two (2) IP hosts communicate over a switched LAN. Propose at least one (1) common issue that may occur in a switched LAN environment and suggest one (1) strategy to resolve the issue in question. Provide a rationale for your suggestion.
- Speculate on the consequences of not maintaining successful operation of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP). Analyze the manner in which the Root Bridge, Root Port, and designated ports could be involved in the troubleshooting process. Determine when you would suggest using one (1) STP technology over the other for a specific network. Include at least one (1) example or scenario of using such technology to support your response.
2. “Type I and Type II Virtualization Choices and Differentiating Between Virtual Disk Formats and Applicable Environments” Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between Type I and Type II virtualizations. Using your comparison, choose either a Type I or Type II virtualization and determine a specific networking scenario in which your virtualization choice would be more viable than using the other. Provide an explanation to support your rationale.
- From the e-Activity and the textbook, give an example of a business scenario for which a dynamic disk image type would be most appropriate. Determine one (1) advantage and one (1) disadvantage of using a dynamic image type and one (1) advantage and one (1) disadvantage to using a fixed hard disk image type. Then, give an example of a business networking scenario for which a differencing hard disk image type would be best. Provide justifications to support your rationale.
3. MPLS has many protocols used to deploy and maintain the WAN protocol. One of the main protocols is Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF), and how is it important to the deployment of MPLS.