To complete this Assignment, submit by Day 7 your answers to the following. Based on the scenario, use SPSS to determine if self-esteem is related to intelligence in your sample by computing a correlation. Save and submit both the SPSS data and output files.
- Before computing the correlation, state either a one-tailed or two-tailed, alternative hypothesis and the corresponding null hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- Based on the hypotheses you stated, explain whether you should conduct a one-tailed or two-tailed test. Provide a rationale for your choice.
- Identify what the correlation coefficient (r) is for this data set.
- State the degrees of freedom and explain how it is calculated.
- Identify the p value.
- Explain whether you should retain or reject the null hypothesis. Provide a rationale for your decision.
- Describe the direction and strength of the relationship between self-esteem and intelligence.
- Submit three documents for grading: your text (Word) document with your answers and explanations to the application questions, your SPSS Data file, and your SPSS Output file.