Write a 1,000 – 1,500 paper that addresses the following in children from early childhood through middle childhood:
- Summarize the physical, cognitive, emotional and social changes that occur in children during this age and the factors that influence those changes. Include a comparison of males vs. females.
- Describe the changes that occur in a child’s brain and nervous system during this time frame and the corresponding changes in cognition, problem solving and judgment. Give specific examples of skills and abilities. Include a comparison of males versus females.
- Include major milestones in development that take place in early and middle childhood. Include information on/self-concept, emotional regulation, peer relationships, and family influences.
- Highlight a case study of one particular child, emphasizing real experiences that demonstrate success and or delay in developmental areas.
- Include at least 3 references from scholarly sources that support the developmental topic.