Unit 2: Healthcare Budgets and Management Structure
Healthcare Budgets and Management Structure
- Reading Assignments:
Baker and Baker, Chapters 13, 14, and 15
- Go To Learning Materials
Unit 2 – Discussion Board
- Type: Discussion Board
- Due Date: Sun, 11/29/15
- Points Possible: 75
- Deliverable Length: 400–600 words + peer responses
Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
It has been brought to the attention of Krona’s executive management team that the department managers have not been held accountable for their individual department’s budget, which has contributed to increased costs and reduced profits. You need to complete the following:
- Explain the steps of the budget-building process.
- Define flexible and static budgets.
- Describe the budget cycle, the decision problems, and the decision rules that may affect the relationships between the department and total facility.
Note: Emphasize the role that each department’s input plays into the budget and how it relates to their use of the budget in managing costs.
- For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Understand health care financial statements
- Comprehend the principles of health care accounting.
- Apply cost information