Write a three to six (3-6) page paper in which you provide the following information below.
Operations Plan (1 – 2 pages)
Note: Remember to assign a dollar amount to each operational cost you find, as you will need these figures for your income statement and cash flow in Week 8.
- Create an operations plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 214 | Operations Plan Preparation Form ). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Provide a rationale for the competitive advantages section using appropriate functional-level and business-level strategies to explain the competitive advantages.
- Note: Much of the research pertaining to the hints provided here can be found in the NAB company portfolio.
- Hints: Consider whether you will rent or buy your facilities or outsource production to an existing company.
- Hints: One of your biggest expenses as a startup non-alcoholic beverage company will be transitioning from a small batch prototype of your beverage to production on a large scale. Research the equipment you will need (vats, refrigerators, burners, ovens, bottling equipment, and so on), whether you will rent or buy, how you will maintain and clean it, and so forth. Consider how you will ensure quality control. What capacity do you intend to reach?
- Hints: Deliberate your inventory control. Where do your supplies come from and what is your turnaround time to produce your beverage once you have received an order?
- Hints: Consider your distribution method. Refer back to your notes for the SWOT analysis assignment in Week 2 of class.
- Hints: How will you stay abreast of new developments in your industry? What new products do you have in development now, in addition to your flagship product?
- Describe your research and development activities and explain how they will contribute to the company.
Technology Plan (1 – 2 pages)
- Create a technology plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 227 | Technology Plan Preparation Form ). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Provide a rationale for the personnel needs section by incorporating appropriate functional-level strategies.
- Hints: Consider the type of technology your company will use to conduct the following activities: manage personnel; take, fulfill, and track orders; manage inventory; communicate with customers and provide customer service; and produce your beverage.
Management & Organization (1 – 2 pages)
- Create a management plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 248 | Management Plan Preparation Form ). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Using the flow charts on p. 242 as a guide, outline your company’s management hierarchy. Note: Charts or diagrams must be imported / included in the MS Word document.
- Provide a rationale for the management structure and style section by incorporating appropriate functional-level strategies.
- Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Cite the resources you have used to complete this exercise. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the exercise.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Create a plan to implement a firm’s strategy and manage the change from current operations.
- Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics