Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
- List and briefly describe four common difficulties encountered by anthropologists in the field.
- Describe four symptoms of culture shock.
- Contrast formal and informal interviewing.
- Describe how key informants are selected.
- Discuss the importance and limitations of participant observation in fieldwork.
- Contrast a phoneme and a morpheme.
- Is one language more complex than another? Explain why or why not.
- Explain how displacement is a part of human symbolic communication.
- Compare and contrast human and chimpanzee communication.
- Using examples, explain how silent language is a part of culture.
PART II: Journal
Using a minimum of three resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to identify and discuss is the term silent language. Explain how a knowledge of silent language is important if one is engaged in international travel or business. Cite examples from readings, the Internet, or print media to illustrate