To achieve organizational goals, it is necessary to regularly re-evaluate and revise organizational strategic plans. This evaluation and revision process is ongoing and requires collaboration among organizational leaders, managers, and most importantly, stakeholders. When stakeholders are involved in this process, organizations are more able to objectively examine their strengths and weaknesses, identify organizational needs, and achieve strategic goals. For this Individual Paper, you explore the role of stakeholders in an organization’s strategic planning process and consider strategic organizational goals.
Write a 6- to 8-page paper (not including title page and reference page) that addresses the following:
- Describe an existing non-profit or public organization of interest to you. Include the organization’s mission, stakeholders, short-term goals (1–4 years), mid-terms goals (5–14 years), and long-term goals (15–20 years).
- Select and explain your role as a stakeholder, including why this organization is important to you both personally and professionally.
- Explain how you, in your role, will help to evaluate and revise the organization’s strategic planning process. Include any potential legal implications of revising the organization’s current strategic plan.
- Explain at least 3 strategic goals that you would recommend for the organization, which will directly contribute to and effect positive social change.
Use proper APA formatting and include the following:
- A title page and running head
- An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
- Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
- A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
- A minimum of six scholarly sources to support your paper
- In-text citations as appropriate
- A reference list