Health Policy Paper
Write a 7 page double spaced paper describing a policy issue with health implications, doing so in a way that fulfills the following criteria. Cite your sources within the paper and provide a bibliography at the end as a separate page.
1. What is the purpose of the policy? What do you want the decision maker to do?
2. Who is the decision maker and why is he/she/they the appropriate person(s)?
3. Describe the issue. What is the problem? Who does it affect? Why is it a problem?
4. Describe the policy history of this issue and previous efforts to address or solve this problem.
5. Offer at least two solutions to the problem. Make sure they are supported by facts and are well referenced.
6. Evaluate the pros and cons of the solutions. What are the pros and cons for both solutions? Look at potential problems with implementation.
7. Choose one of the proposed solutions as your recommendation. Argue why this is the best solution to the problem. Back up your argument with data.
8. Who are the stakeholders for this issue? Explain why they would support or object to your recommendations.