Medical Geography for management:
2.Medical Geography Journal Article PowerPoint Presentation. Students will be asked to locate a journal article in the area of Medical Geography and create a PowerPoint presentation presenting the content. Detailed guidelines for this assignment
3.Assignments: GIS Tutorial for Health. GIS Tutorial for Health is a unique textbook for teaching GIS to health professionals. It imbeds learning GIS software in the context of health-care scenarios. While solving real problems, students get many opportunities to visualize and analyze health-related data. Key to this book are its health-care scenarios: they address substantive issues of health care, decision support requirements for policy and planning, and technical requirements of spatial data sources and processing. Assignments will require independent thinking in applying the knowledge and skills gained in the chapter. By working through these exercises, you will makeArcGIS a reliable and routine tool for your analyses.
Purpose of the Course: This course examines the unequal distribution of health care resources and the attempts made to ameliorate that distribution. Health problems that are intimately linked to inequities in the distribution include health manpower and facilities, barriers to accessibility and utilization of health services, unequal benefits from federal health financing programs, lower health status for residents of some areas, the urban focus of the regionalization of many health delivery and provider systems, and the concentration of some high-risk populations in rural area. Ecological patterns and changes within these patterns can increase the understanding of disease distribution and associations. The landscape that distinguishes a place is a complex expression of physical, biotic, and cultural processes. As populations grow and the economy changes, landscapes are altered in ways that may increase disease risk or enhance protection from it. Health services delivery and disease ecology use similar evaluative techniques. This sharing of method will benefit both aspects of research and inquiry.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Explore vital statistics and other sources of data utilized in the field of health services
• Understand why a phenomenon is distributed in a particular way
• Discuss the reason behind a particular distribution of facilities and businesses
• Evaluate why people move in certain directions for certain distances
• Determine why innovations spread in a particular pattern
• Examine why objects, ideas, processes, and living begins interact to characterize and constitute places
• Demonstrate your understanding of the ArcGIS software through the production of maps for health professionals
• Apply the concepts of biostatistics by in the collection, retrieval, analysis and interpretation of health data through the development of course assignments (link to Public Health Core Course Objective #1)
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of epidemiology through the study of distribution and determinants of disease, disabilities and death in human populations, the characteristics and dynamics of human populations along with the natural history of diseases in community populations through the development of course projects (link to Public Health Core Course Objective #2)
At the end of the course, students will demonstrate some of the following competencies:
• Create maps using the ArcGIS software
• Plan, design, and implement projects through the use of the GIS Tutorial
• Present a journal article by preparing a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the use of Medical Geography.
*essentially I would upload the required chapter readings, assignment details and the software access code for arcGIS( for mapping assignments).
I inserted intensive details to give an idea of scope of course and assignment details. If experts are comfortable. I will send assignment details each week and access codes to complete assignment. I just wanted to make sure experts are comfortable first. Please advise
* please note some assignments will be power points, journals and mapping