Review the following cases:
After you have reviewed the cases above, write an essay that addresses the following:
- Define social responsibility.
- What are the similarities and differences between both companies regarding their corporate social responsibility efforts?
- What positive strides are both companies trying to make with their corporate social responsibility efforts?
- Do you feel that the companies are doing enough with their corporate social responsibility efforts?
- If you answer “yes,” then what should they continue to do, and why?
- If you answer “no,” then what should they do differently, and why?
- Apply the corporate social responsibility concept when you respond.
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference page.
Also, use 12-point font and 1” margins.
Please submit your assignment.
Corporate social responsibility – Companies in the news. (2014). Retrieved from the mallenbaker.net Web site: http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/CSRfiles/nike.html
Holmes, R. (2009, March 2). ‘Wal-Mart wants to be more like us.’ Retrieved from The Guardian Web site: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/feb/24/patagonia-ethical-outdoor-clothing-interview
Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Review the following articles and video:
Using the articles and video as resources, address the following questions:
- Why do you think there is such disparity of pay between men and women?
- Does the disparity of pay violate the utilitarianism view? Why or why not?
- Do you feel that the Lilly Ledbetter Act will help to decrease the disparity between men and women? Why?
- What are some of the roadblocks that many women face today to get equal pay?
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference list at the end of your discussion post.
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply, and consider the following questions:
- Do you agree or disagree with his or her opinion on the impact of the Lily Ledbetter Act? Explain your response.
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and your classmates’ postings?
Casserly, M. (2013, September 19). Retrieved from the Forbes Web site: http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancasserly/2013/09/19/the-geography-of-the-gender-pay-gap-womens-earnings-by-state/2/
Makers. (n.d.). Lilly Ledbetter [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.makers.com/lilly-ledbetter
National Women’s Law Center. (2013, January 29). Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act. Retrieved from http://nwlc.org/resources/lilly-ledbetter-fair-pay-act/
Pew Research Center. (2013, December 11). On pay gap, millennial women near parity – For now. Retrieved from http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/12/11/on-pay-gap-millennial-women-near-parity-for-now/
Soley-Cerro, A. (2013, March 6). Lilly Ledbetter shares her story of overcoming the wage gap. Retrieved from The Sundial Web site: http://sundial.csun.edu/2013/03/lilly-ledbetter-shares-her-story-of-overcoming-the-wage-gap/