“Understanding Religions and Indigenous Sacred Ways” Please respond to the following:
- Define indigenous religion, and describe at least one aspect of indigenous religions that exists in a similar form in a traditional mainstream religion.
- Define religion, and discuss why it is useful in society. Explain why it is important for you personally to understand the beliefs of other religious groups.
“Hindu Way of Life” Please respond to the following:
- Explain the key ways in which the teachings of the Vedas influence the daily lives of Hindus.
“Noble Action, Sacred Call, or Desire” Please respond to the following:
- Explain whether or not you think Siddhārtha Gautama’s quest to find enlightenment falls under the category of noble action, sacred call, or desire. Discuss how his decision to leave his family would be received in today’s culture.
“Actionless Action (Daosim) and the Practice of Virtue (Confucianism)” Please respond to the following:
- Identify and explain at least three aspects of wu wei (non-doing) that would be practical in the busy lives of city dwellers, especially those living in the West. Provide a rationale for your response.