Note: Your submission may be in the format of a business plan document or a multimedia presentation. If a multimedia presentation is selected, speaker notes must be used to include the necessary level of detail and support. The executive summary in requirement C must be a separate document.
A. Evaluate your organizations current status with implementation of VBP by doing the following:
1. Discuss to what degree your organization has embraced VBP.
B. Create a strategic plan to continue progressing VBP in your organization by doing the following:
1. Identify three departments that will have the most impact on VBP in your organization.
a. Explain why the roles and functions of these three departments are important for implementing VBP in your organization.
2. Discuss goals, for each of the three departments, that will help your organization further the implementation of VBP.
3. Describe how each of the goals chosen in part B2 will help attain quality outcomes in both patient care and reimbursements over the next three years.
4. Identify the key points for your strategic plan that are critical for the staff to understand and embrace.
a. Discuss how you would market the key points of your plan to staff members.
5. Reflect on how ethical clinical and ethical business practices will be incorporated into the strategic plan.
6. Explain how to coordinate informational and educational events for the three departments identified in part B1.
7. Develop a timeline to ensure that VBP is addressed over the next three years.
C. Develop an executive summary as a separate document for key stakeholders and critical department leaders that includes the following:
1. A description of the components of VBP that are most pertinent to the organization
2. The preparation that the three departments chosen in part B1 will need for the implementation of VBP in the next three years
3. A discussion of the education and training necessary to prepare the staff in the departments chosen in part B1 for implementation of VBP
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.