Clinical systems vary widely, and some are extremely specialized, depending on their purpose. In this Discussion, you will examine one system (or application) in greater detail in order to better appreciate what it can contribute to a health care organization and the practical challenges it may pose as it is integrated into clinical practice.
To prepare for this Discussion, select and conduct a literature review on one type of clinically focused health information system, such as:
- E-prescribing or other pharmacy system
- A particular type of telehealth, such as remote monitoring
- Laboratory, radiology, or other prominent type of clinical system
Through your research you will find out the various purposes of this clinical system. Identify major technical and management challenges associated with its adoption and use as well as how these challenges have been successfully addressed.
Post by Day 4 a response to the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the clinical system (or application) you have selected.
- Summarize the processes and potential benefits of your selected system. How does it support the delivery of health care?
- Assess key technical and management challenges of making that system available and used effectively within an organization.
- What are promising approaches to dealing with these challenges? Explain your reasoning.