Why the Biblical Themes Are Significant
Introduction and Alignment
This final course paper will present a summarization of a worldview which is aware of how the Bible reveals the truth about each of the themes that have been studied in this class.
Five Themes: Creation, God, Humanity, Sin, The Good Life, and Salvation
Upon successful completion of this assignment you will be able to:
• Explain summarily the Biblical insights on what God reveals as the Truth about each of these five major Biblical Themes.
• Describe how this worldview, in total, influences how one lives his or her life, if one chooses to believe in its Truth.
• Bible: Life Application Study Bible
• Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/
• Dictionary of Biblical Themes: http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/dictionary-of-bible-themes/toc.
1. This paper’s goal is to summarize the student’s comprehension of what the Bible reveals of God’s understanding of the Truth about each of these five Biblical Themes.
2. In this five page paper (not counting the Cover page), students will use their research and what they have learned in discussions and found in their journaling to respond to the following questions:
a. In five distinct sections, summarize what you have discovered the Bible reveals about the Truth of each of these Biblical themes. Keep in mind that you do not have to agree with the Bible’s positions, only demonstrate that you, as a student, understand what it claims to be the Truth.
b. Select three Biblical texts for each of these themes that you believe support your analysis of the Bible’s position on these themes, and explain why these Scriptures substantiate your view.
c. Explain the effects in your life if you accepted the Biblical perspectives of how God has defined the Truth concerning each of these Biblical themes. These could include your self-worth, your evaluation of the other persons, your view of what is valuable, your concept of a good life, your eternal destiny, etc. This section should at least be ¾ page in length and address each of these themes separately. Your paper will be graded by the attached grading guide. Your paper is worth 150 points.
Submit a minimum five – seven page paper (content only) 15
Summary of what the Bible teaches about each of the five themes studied Creation, God, Humanity, Sin, The Good Life, Salvation with at least three Scriptural Quotations about each. (20 points each). 100
In separate paragraphs addressing each theme, explain the effects in your life if you accepted the Biblical perspectives of how God has defined the Truth concerning each of these Biblical themes. (3/4 page minimum) 20
Writing Mechanics 5
Grammar & Spelling 5
APA Format 5
Total Points 150