Per the text, the federal, state, and local governments of a disaster-stricken area must work together in many ways. The federal government may declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance to the area if certain requirements are met.
Read the following two (2) FEMA articles:
- “National Planning Frameworks”
- “Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Public Law 93-288) as amended”, Section 401, page 25
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature of the interrelationships between the federal, state, and local government, the private sector, and nongovernmental organizations as outlined in the National Planning Frameworks and the five (5) preparedness mission areas in the “National Planning Frameworks” article.
- Analyze the specific requirements that the government must meet in order to declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance, as outlined in the “Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Public Law 93-288) as amended” article. Evaluate the importance of each requirement.
- Suggest two (2) requirements (not listed in the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act) that you believe the government should follow in order to declare a federal disaster and provide federal assistance. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow 6th edition APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length