Analyze the role of the prosecution, defense, judges and juries in the criminal trial process
4-6 pages without the title or reference pages
Textbook: Chapters #3 & #4 of Criminal Courts: Structure, Process, and Issues
Authors: Champion, Hartley, Rabe.
Publisher: Pearson, 3rd edition, ISBN# 9781269330824
- Fry, T. (2012). PROSECUTORIAL TRAINING WHEELS: GINSBURG’S CONNICK V. THOMPSON DISSENT AND THE TRAINING IMPERATIVE. Journal Of Criminal Law & Criminology, 102(4), 1275.
- Hardy v. Cross, (565 U.S. ____, 132 S. Ct. 1626; 182 L. Ed. 2d 224 (2011)
· UNITED STATES v. RUIZ: certiorari to the United States court of appeals for the ninth circuit. (2009). Supreme Court Cases: The Twenty-first Century (2000 – Present), 1.
Read the law review articles listed in the reading assignment.
Answer the following questions based on the information you learned after reading the articles:
- What types of misconduct can be committed, and how does it affect a defendant’s right to a fair trial?
- What are the functions of the prosecutor and defense attorney?
- Under what circumstances might prosecutors engage in misconduct?
· What remedies have the courts found for attorney misconduct that occurs during a criminal prosecution?