In this task, you will use the “MindEdge Blue Ridge Coffee Company” case study. You will need to read the entire case study.
As a newly hired consultant, you have been tasked with analyzing the sales management and sales performance of the Wholesale Division of the Blue Ridge Coffee Company (BRC). You will prepare a report for company senior management in which you present your recommendations for the improvement of current sales operations.
Prepare a report to senior management of the Wholesale Division of BRC in which you do the following:
A. Recommend an organizing strategy for the sales unit based on the company goals.
1. Discuss the relationship between the sales force organization and the areas of promotion and marketing within the BRC.
a. Design an organizational chart reflecting an internal sales force structure that will most effectively maximize sales.
B. Analyze technology that should be integrated into sales operations to improve sales performance.
1. Discuss appropriate customer relationship management (CRM) technology for the division.
C. Discuss changes in managing sales performance to increase sales by doing the following:
1. Recommend a compensation plan.
a. Justify your recommendation.
2. Create a job description for an entry-level position to the sales force that includes the following:
• Position title
• Position overview
• Key duties and responsibilities
3. Discuss motivation techniques to generate improved sales force performance.
D. Discuss the most effective assessment techniques for evaluating and improving sales for each of the following:
1. Sales teams
2. An individual salesperson
E. Recommend a sales data analysis method.
1. Justify your recommendation.
F. Discuss effective approaches for the following situations:
1. Addressing conflict within the sales organization
2. Managing ethical issues arising in the sales operations
G. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.