Lenovo Case Study
In the unit studies, you read the case of “Lenovo: Moving Full-Speed Ahead.” For this assignment, you will review this case and analyze Lenovo’s efforts to ensure an effective and efficient supply chain. Complete the following and use items 2a, 2b, 2c & 2d as “Topic Headings” for your assignment:
- Review “Lenovo: Moving Full-Speed Ahead” on pages 201–211 in your textbook, Strategic Supply Chain Management.
- Respond to the following topics and questions:
- What were the drivers for Lenovo to build, in 2012, a manufacturing facility in Whitsett, North Carolina instead of in low-cost regions such as Asia or Mexico?
- How did Lenovo transform from a local supply chain company to a well-known and integrated global supply chain organization?
- What metrics had Lenovo used to evaluate its end-to-end supply chain performance?
- What were Lenovo’s dual operating models and how well did these two models work for its global supply chain?
Your assignment should be 2–3 double-spaced pages. Also must include a reference page