Choose one of the human services populations from the list below and conduct research using peer-reviewed journal articles from the University Library. Suggested databases include the ProQuest® social sciences or the PsycINFO® databases on the chosen population.
· At-risk older adults
· Mental illness
· Developmental disabilities
· At-risk youth
· Substance abuse
· Victims of domestic violence
· Physical disabilities
Include human services as part of your search. The more specific criteria you choose, the more relevant your paper will be.
Write a 750-1,050-word paper that addresses the following:
· Address the interpersonal skills needed to work with this population.
· Address personal and professional qualities that help human services professionals successfully work with this population.
· Does this population require differential treatment? Why or why not? Is there anything that warrants a change in the human services worker’s style, behaviors, or attitudes?
· Include strategies to use and actions to take to improve your professional skills in this area.
· Address potential challenges and how you would meet and overcome them.
· Reference at least three peer-reviewed journal articles that support your statements and ideas.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.