Textbooks: ASCA, The ASCA National Model (2012).
Vernon, Counseling Children and Adolescents (2009).
TRANSITIONING PEER PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
You will produce a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes included on each slide of the PowerPoint. This presentation will focus on creating a transitioning program. The transitioning program needs to involve peer intervention/facilitation in some manner as a component of the program. The program must address transitions a school-age student might experience. The transition could be career- and academic-related (e.g., elementary to middle school, middle to high school, school-to-work, high school to college, etc.) or related to life transitions (e.g., divorce, military deployment, childhood to adolescence, adolescence to young adulthood, ect.).
Your presentation must answer the following questions:
• How does the transitioning program fit in the ASCA National Model?
• Does the transitioning program address specific ASCA standards and student competencies?
• How will the transitioning program be implemented?
• Who will be involved in the transitioning program?
• Will the transitioning program involve a classroom guidance unit?
• Will the transitioning program involve small groups?
• Will the transitioning program involve a school-wide presentation?
• Will the transitioning program be a combination of approaches and activities?
• How will peer intervention/facilitation be used in the transitioning program?
• How will the transitioning program be evaluated for effectiveness?
Use your textbook, suggested course readings, and other resources of your choosing in order to create the transitioning program. You must include at least 2 scholarly sources in addition to your textbook and course readings to support your assertions. Your presentation must be in current APA format.